Social Icons

Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday 5 October 2009

It's All About Change

October throws me back into a time of collecting horse chestnuts for playing conkers, or throwing handfuls of sycamore seeds into the air and watching them spiral their way to the ground like little helicopters.
It’s that time of year again where we bundle up the summer blankets in favour of the thicker warmer quilts. We dig into the back of closets and pull out the winter wardrobe and we wake up the heating system from its lazy summer sleep.
It’s that time of year where the world around us begins to change day by day right before our very eyes. The skies are a hive of activity as the birds begin to gather and migrate. The deer begin the annual rutting season and the trees turn from a wash of green to a splattering of red, oranges and yellows as the temperature plummets from summer warmth to cold enough to see your breath.
It’s that time of year again where the country goes a little pink crazy in support of breast cancer awareness month and the kids are doubly spoiled not only enjoy their first holiday of the new school year but also kicking off the run up to the festive period with a little trick or a lot of treats.
Even the time changes and we gain an extra hour of precious sleep as the clocks go back to signal the end of British Summer Time. Yes, its that time of year again. It’s autumn.
For me, This October is all about change. The shortening of day light hours means I am no longer able to walk to and from work. The month starts with a change of pace from my usually hectic life with a week of R&R. I’ll also be trading in all of my additional duties at the nine to five and refocusing on my long term goals.
The biggest change for the writer in me is the move away from my current work in progress (The Bridgewater Falls Series) for the next couple of months. I have finished Life’s A Ball (Book 2) and aim to strengthen the story by taking a step back, focusing my attention elsewhere for a little while and then go back to see what problems lie beneath.
In the meantime, I will be focusing up on the National Novel Writers Month. I will be taking part in NaNoWriMo and challenging my self to write a 50,000 words (175 pages) novel within the 30 days of November. October is the chance for me to work out the plot and the characters of what is currently known as Mystic Mayhem.
You can keep up to date with my NaNoWriMo progress here.

Erin


More about Mystic Mayhem at erincawood.co.uk.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

The Legal Bit

All characters have no existence outside the imagination of the author and have no relation to anyone baring the same name. They are not inspired by an individual known or unknown by the author and all incidents are pure invention.

The articles, excerpts, and other written work published under the pseudonym Erin Cawood are copyright protected by the author. Guest articles are published by arrangement and also copyright protected by the guest author.

Images of Erin Cawood are provided by Paul Miguel Photography.


Sample Text